Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Gratitude Day 2: God's Sovereign Will


Today I am grateful for God’s sovereignty. That God’s will is far better than ours, and that even when we don’t understand it, it is perfect.

“‘Thy will be done.’ This resting in the will of God is one of the most comforting and blessed experiences of the Christian life. To say, ‘Thy will be done’ – not in a reluctant and compulsory way, as if we were shrinking from some inevitable pain, but with a sincere and glad conviction that our dear Father is really doing for us what is best and most loving, although it may not look so to our dull eyes – this is glorifying to Him, and supremely consoling to us.” ~ Susannah Spurgeon

Love these words. I love the truth they convey. And I am trusting God’s will for many things right now, but especially for this election. I am grateful we serve a God who is more powerful than any President we will ever sit under. And I’m grateful He has given us peace and confidence in the midst of an uncertain world!

Psalm 46:1-4

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.

2 comments:

Shelsy said...

Hey! We just found your blog--I'm looking forward to reading it. :-) This is a good post--really hits home for me right now. Keep it up!!

Steve & Katie LaBs said...

Hey Sarah... I love this! These are such strong encouraging words to me. Thanks for writing :) -Katie