Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Saturday's Festivities

So on Saturday we had a very relaxing day. Mike had breakfast with Chris Bopp (that has got to be the strangest yet coolest last name ever) and in the afternoon we just went to Starbucks and read. I finished my book, Rise to Rebellion by Jeff Shaara and Mike read LOTR. I got a Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha, and I will not be doing that again. They overdid it on the peppermint, so it tasted like I was drinking straight Menthol. They made me another one :)
Afterwards we went over the Smiths' and went out for Chinese for dinner. Afterwards we came home and baked Molasses Crinkle Cookies. Except ours did not crinkle. They tasted good anyways! They have raisins in them, and we decided to soak them in rum :) Here are some pictures from that.

Me and Mikes
Shan and Meagan being silly
Mitten fight.
Sean making his famous hot chocolate.
Meagan scooping out the dough.

Me and Megs baking the cookies.
Sean pouring the milk. I will add here that this whole baking endeavour was undertaken by Sean. He is a very good cook.
All the chocolate we chopped for the hot chocolate. It took a while.

So, it was a fun day!
Oh and good post by Mikes the other day. Although, he wanted to know where his eprops would show up ;)

2 comments:

ange said...

i love meagan's hair cut. not sure if its new or not, but i'm giving it a shout out!

Meagan said...

I feel so honored--she likes my haircut and she can spell my name right!

That was a fun night :D. Sarah, you guys need to come over more often and we can make delicious food together.