Sunday, May 17, 2009

Andy-Bob


Where do I even begin? Andrew is honestly the best brother I could have ever asked for. God has been so good to give me such an amazing brother. I think back to when we were younger, and we really couldn't stand each other. Well, I couldn't stand him - he seemed to have all the fun annoying me and driving me insane :) I still remember my mom telling me we would be friends one day and not believing her! But that is what has happened!
Andrew, Mike and I love hanging out with you - you make us laugh to no end, and your joy in the Lord is so refreshing. I think one of the things I admire most about you is your purposefulness in everything that you do. I really respect the way you went about choosing a college. You have not only done well academically, you have sought to honor God in what you will do with your future, seeking what HE would have you do. You have been very thoughtful throughout the entire process - praying, getting counsel, thinking through all the pros and cons about being close to home or going away. You have been mature and responsible in a way that is far beyond your years, and I cannot wait to see all that God has in store for you :)

Some favorite memories:

- me mispronouncing 'Oregano,' (ore-a-GAH-no) and you quickly corecting me with still another mis-pronunciation of the word. (Ore-a-GAIN-o) And mom being convinced that neither one of her kids was any good at words :)

- me playing doctor and sticking a Q-tip in your ear...causing it to bleed....which led to Mom having to take you to a REAL doctor. I'm glad your hearing was not permanently damaged :)

- the year you dressed up as a dice for Halloween, and you didn't get past the front yard because you fell off the front porch and landed on your side. And being stuck in a huge box, all you could do was to flail your arm and yell for help until someone came and picked you up :)

- our first day in G-burg when Dad took you to soccer practice, and before you left you thought it would be nice to let Felix out of his cage and let him roam around your room. Except you forgot to mention this to mom, and she walked into your room and stepped on him and screamed bloody murder? That was a fun time.

- remember in Lake George - you and Angela were making pancakes one morning and somehow the smoke set off the fire alarm.....and the entire condo complex had to be evacuated...and you wandered out and asked an old guy what was going on? Even though you were the main culprit and knew exactly what was going on? that was a good one ;)

Andrew - thank you for being my brother :) I pray that your years at PSU will be some of the best years of your life, and that God will meet you in ways you can't even imagine! I love you!

4 comments:

tom/cyndi said...

Sarah, I really like your blog; I really like YOU! Love, Cyndi

meg said...

that photo is so good!!
looks like you did a great job.
p.s. i like you too.

ange said...

"somehow the smoke alarm" = andrew THOUGHT that it would be a good idea to stick the sizzling hot pan under ice cold water. :)

andrew- i distinctly remember when you guys returned from the pc that you had matured, and you've continued to do so over the years. well done! exciting years ahead of you.

Sarah Smith said...

haha oh yes i forgot that was the reason, ange :) i don't think i was present when it happened....for some reason i think i was off pouting about something or another??? ha