Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Happenings

So, here's what's been going on this last week.

First (though not first chronologically), Mike cooked dinner on Monday night! I was running out to do grocery shopping, and he said he would have dinner ready when I got home :) He made homemade pizza, and I have to say, it tasted better than when I make it!! We buy the fresh whole wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe's (only $0.99!!) and also their pizza sauce. Sooooooo good. And this is the perfect pizza Mike made. As you can see, it is pretty much perfectly round, which if you come on a night I make it, I assure you it will be in the shape of an amoeba.


Then on the 4th of July (again, sorry this is not chronologically in order), we had Joe and Heidi over. We had a blast with them and later went over to a bonfire at The Great House (the house where Ben & Em, Mat & Steph, and Jason & Vicky all live). But anyways, as part of my meal, I was trying to make a drink for which I needed lime juice. So, the normal thing to do would be BUY lime juice. But oh no, I couldn't do something as simple as that. I had to buy LIMES. That's right, the actual fruit. And then, as if that wasn't enough, I was won over by the KEY LIMES, because they were so darn cute. Why are they so cute, you ask? Because they're so tiny and are about the size of a large grape. And they are indeed cute, but let me tell you, trying to get juice out of those things is like trying to get Voldemort to spill his darkest secrets. (Ok, so that didn't make any sense, but can we please let it slide due to the fact that Harry Potter comes out in less than a week and I'm absolutely ECSTATIC?! Did I mention that I am also 22 years old.) Besides, the point is, it wasn't happening. And the 1/4 c. measuring cup that I needed to fill felt at that point like an entire pool that needed filling. So Heidi had just arrived and found me strangling the Key Limes for all they were worth when I told her my dilemma. How I should have resisted the cuteness of the Key Limes and gone with their larger counterpart. And lo and behold, what does she then pull from her purse? REAL LIMES! REAL, REGULAR-SIZED LIMES! "How did you know?!" I screamed. And she informed me that she didn't know, that she just had them lying around and thought she'd bring them. Maybe I could use them. And it's moments like that when I realize that God really does care about the littlest things :) Here you can see the difference between Key Limes, cute though they may be, and regular juice-producing limes.


So, skipping ahead, last night I made this: Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
It is amazing. You should try it. Pioneer Woman certainly knows how to cook.




So that's it. I will leave you with a quote that I read from Susannah Spurgeon that I absolutely love.
"Waiting for the Lord is often the surest mode of progression in the divine life; and to be silent before Him, is not infrequently the most importunate of petitions."

And so I will wait for the Lord. How grateful I am that His timing and wisdom are perfect.

6 comments:

Mike Smith said...

i have to confess, that pizza was pretty awesome. but let it be known that Sarah can cook about 100 things that are amazing. this is it for me, i have tapped my cooking potential. and anyway, now she knows all my secrets so next time she makes the pizza it will blow mine away.

kelli cohee said...

the lime part really cracked me up:
a) that you would buy the key limes for the "cuteness" factor.
b) that heidi would have limes in her puse.

i'm excited about hp too! the book was excellent...thanks!

Michelle said...

reading your blog always makes me really hungry.

the end.

Traci Healey said...

i am your biggest fan. this may have been your best post yet.

Reenie said...

who cares about chronological order, random acts of thought make the best posts. I am now dying for homemade pizza. Did you ever try it on the grill?

Sarah Smith said...

no i haven't tried it on the grill! i've heard it's good though!! i will have to try it. after i get a grill, that is :)