Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thing 1 and Thing 2 - neither related to the other

Thing 1:

I was in Target yesterday doing my non-trader-joe-shop (essentially what's left on my list after Trader Joe's...) trying to plan a dessert for tonight (the lovely Alf and Ruth Lohmann are coming for dinner.)
Apple Cake.....Ooey Gooey Cake.....Fruit Parfaits....WHAT TO DO?!
And then I remembered I was tired. So so tired.
Clearly my culinary motivations have run off with every ounce of energy I once owned.
And then I walked down the baking aisle.
And saw these.
And it gave me pause for thought.
Could it really be as easy as brownie mix + egg + water + oil?
Is this what smart people do? Can it really be this easy?!
And I answered myself. I said, "Self, YES! Grab the brownie mix and go!"
And so I did. And I can't even tell you how excited I am to dump, mix and pour. It is going to make my life so much easier.

And here is Thing 2:

I told you it was unrelated.
But it has transformed my dining room table.
The table is only a few months old, but already it had water marks, heat stains, scratches, etc. It was dry!! Dying and screaming for orange oil love!
And I heard its cries.
And now, it looks even better than when we first bought it!!! Can't you see that SHINE?!
It is only $3.49. As such, I insist you go buy it if you have any wood furniture worth loving. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Being pregnant is making your funny posts even more hilarious XD "'Self, YES! Grab the box and go!'"