Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Dad


Psalm 92:12-15
"The righteous flourish like the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
they are planted in the house of the LORD.
they flourish in the courts of our God.
they still bear fruit in old age;
they are ever full of sap and green,
to declare that the Lord is upright;
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him."

I read this verse the other day, and it struck me. It struck me because God's ways are not ours. No, they're so much better, and they excite me!
Dad, this verse is to encourage and honor you. You have been faithful and patient, humble and willing, eager and obedient, trusting and confident.
And God has been faithful.
I remember when you told Uncle Dean about the church plant, he said, "Dave - you did everything opposite - most people are slowing down at age 50!" :) And that is just another way that God's ways are not ours. You still bear fruit in "old age," and I love how you make yourself available for God's agenda. And He uses you! Thanks for how you have always put the Lord first; you never cease to declare that the Lord is upright. He has blessed that eagerness, and He will carry onto completion the good work which He began in you.

I thank God that He gave me such an amazing Dad. Praying for you. Always.
Love.
Sarah.

1 comment:

kelli cohee said...

so, you busting on your dad for being old? :)
he is the best, and is so suited for the season he's about to step into.