Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dinner with Andrew at Kooma

Last night we had Andrew’s going away dinner. We went down to the Wilmington Riverfront and had dinner at Kooma – it was VERY good! I was a bit skeptical, because the only other word I’d ever heard it associated with was SUSHI. And SUSHI and I do not get along too well. Thankfully, they had cooked options ;)

It is a beautiful place – it reminded me of Stephen Starr’s POD – you should all def check it out when you get the chance.





Here’s Andrew and Rosie – one is 18, the other is 9. You would never know it from the way they interact…..i’ll let you figure out which age does not behave the way you might think it ought to…




Rosie and Dad




Andrew boy





Mom and me



And then there was the food. It was oh so pretty and oh so good.
Dumplings of some sort….they were really good….



I forget what these were



But Dad liked them



My dinner – rice noodles with chicken and shrimp in a peanut coconut sauce.



Rosie’s dinner – tempura fried everything. She ate most of it too!



Mom’s scallop dinner that she created. No really….she did…



Mike’s dinner. I’m not going to comment on this because quite frankly, I can’t handle it….



Andrew and his sushi.



Dad encouraging Andrew



Dad almost crying…right before he did cry….



Mom almost crying….



Mom and Dad. Love them.




And then we went outside to take some pictures. It was a beautiful night






And then we headed out to Rita’s for dessert. Andrew’s pick. They were featuring the flavor Swedish Fish. None of us were brave enough to try it. Personally, I can’t see that tasting very good….




We are going to miss this guy. But we plan to take MANY trips up to PSU to visit him. Especially during football season :)

No comments: