Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Putting one foot in front of the other


Because God will make it clear where He's leading me in His perfect wisdom and timing.

A quote that is serving me well today (thanks to Mich's great care for my soul):
"Regardless of God's will for your future, and without eliminating the real possibility of future transition, you can be certain that God's will for you this day (and for the foreseeable future) is to serve Him with gladness right where you are." ~ C.J. Mahaney

"...for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11b-13

I certainly am in the learning process. But that excites me, because I know it is God's will that I should be sanctified, and I know that He will finish the good work that He has begun. He has always been faithful, and He will be again.

3 comments:

Rick Healey said...

Sarah,

I hope you trip..ha.

Sarah Smith said...

rick.
just because i like martha stewart and you don't, does not give you the right to give me a death wish. because we all know that tripping is very dangerous for me.
and if i do say so myself, michael vick is way more like Cruella Deville than Martha ever will be. just throwin that out there...

Sarah Smith said...

and for those wondering, no, this post has nothing to do with Michael Vick and Martha Stewart ;)