Friday, August 07, 2009

This is what we do......

when Michael the Husband is in far off lands such as England having oh so much fun without me.
No, I'm not bitter, why do you ask?
;)
So Wednesday night, Margie and Meghan came over and we destroyed my apartment. It is officially in transition. Boxes are everywhere, the kitchen is in disarray, and all the vacuuming that I did has been entirely negated by all the dust from our sanding project.
What sanding project? Oh, right, the one that involves me having no clue at all what I'm doing. That one. That is why I involved Margie and Meg. I bribed them with French Toast (this seems to be a theme...hmmm...) and they agreed to go with me to Lowes and pick up supplies. In particular, I needed them to help me pick out a color to paint my hutch and server to match my new kitchen. I think we will be going with a Mother of Pearl white - which we will then attempt to distress. Distress is the artistic word for making something that you just finished (aka, brand new) look years and years older. Although, I don't need any artistic words to describe my painting expertise, because anything that I paint is certainly guaranteed to look distressed.
So all we started on Wednesday was the sanding part. It was tough work. Margie's arms hurt it was so tough. I will keep you all posted as we begin the actual painting part. Because that's sure to be a circus if I ever saw one. I really have no idea how it will turn out.


Margie and Meghan with their sanding blocks. The camera was focused on the wrong thing....sorry it's blurry.




This was after, like, 10 minutes......





She regained her stamina...




And they're still goin.....




I do not know what this is officially called. But it was super fun. It was sticky and its purpose is to lift all the dust off of the furniture being sanded. It provided much entertainment.





These are some moving boxes, courtesy of the lovely Reenie Burke. I've gotten as far as packing the books. I'm gonna need to pick up the pace a bit if I want to move into this house by the end of the month....





all the contents from the hutch. Some of my china....





This is what my dining room currently looks like. It's not a pretty sight. The kitchen is even worse.





And this here has nothing to do with moving. This is simply a representation of the benefits of not having to cook while your husband is away. Because you can eat fruit and whipped cream for DINNER! Very little prep necessary. It's a beautiful thing. Although, my eyes proved to be a little bigger than my stomach.....aaaand whether or not this is light whipped cream, well, I'll leave that up to you to figure out....

3 comments:

Reenie said...

thanks for the shout out. I love that kind of dinner. I cannot wait to see the hutch.

Edmund Dantes said...

It's called a Cheese Cloth. You were correct when you said it's meant to lift all the dust off.

Edmund Dantes said...

I'm sorry. I meant a Tack Cloth