Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Joy in the Morning


So, I realize two blog posts in one day is unusual for me, but I just had to tell about my mornings lately. You see, I've found a new favorite place to have my quiet times - on my balcony :)
If I can drag myself out of bed, I really do enjoy the early mornings before anyone has gotten up. And with Michael away, it has been even more quiet!
This morning, I took my blanket and my hot cup of tea out to the balcony where I lit a candle and played some classical music in the background while I had the loveliest of quiet times. Right now I am going through Luke, Ecclesiastes and Psalms, and I'm really enjoying each of these. I think next I want to go through Isaiah. I'm also reading through Knowing God by J.I. Packer with a few friends - we meet twice a month for breakfast and discussion. So I try to read a little bit each day - it really has been such an enjoyable and insightful read.
These past few days have been emotional and exhausting among other things, and these mornings have been the joy and strength that have sustained me throughout the day. Praise God for His faithfulness to refresh us :)
So, where is your favorite QT place?

2 comments:

Reenie said...

I hope you are using the 'blanket' I made you. Snobby quilters cringe when you call quilts blankets.

I am very happy about your quiet times. I have been getting up early and I am now inspired to go on my patio in the mornings.

Sarah Smith said...

haha well i don't know whether this will be good news or bad news :) the bad news is, I was not using your quilt this morning - but that is only because it is in my car from picnic outings. So that would make the good news the fact that I am not abusing the word "quilt" by calling it a blanket :)