Friday, October 16, 2009

My Painting Project

I finally did it. I started my painting project.
First up? My server. I love how it turned out :)
Here it is pre-project. In all it's blue glory.


The Paint. I had a real hard time trying to pick this out. Why? Because I am drawn to a color simply based on its name. How can you not be when they tell you to pick from their vast collection of "Colors of Inspiration"? Sugared Shortbread. Magical Moonlight. Milk and Cookies. Snow Ballet. Alaskan Mist. Moonlit Snow. How can you possibly choose?! They all sound so inviting!
I had to remind myself to pick a paint based on the actual COLOR, not the name. I think the paint guy at Lowes thought I was a psycho because I kept pulling out paint chip after paint chip and sighing in agony.
I finally settled on Winter Mood. I am happy with it. Both the name and the color.


I should have just bought a cheap sheet to spread out. But I did not. So I spread out all the paper and plastic bags I owned, plus broken down boxes. And I then proceeded to pray throughout my entire painting project "Please don't let paint get on my floor....please don't let paint get on my floor..."


The first coat. It was still iffy as to whether it would turn out like the picture I had in my mind. But there was no turning back now.


The beautiful knobs from Anthropologie. I love love love them.


The finished product!!



I am very pleased with it. It has given me courage to finish the other pieces in my house: my china hutch, my mail cupboard, and an old mirror I have. And it means I get to buy more knobs at Anthropologie. Clearly this is my next big thing.

4 comments:

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

Ooo, looks very nice. :-) However, this is what a real blue server looks like:

http://nickhock.com/?page_id=79

Sarah Smith said...

FUNNY, ryan ;)

Meagan said...

Ooh, it's amazing how you got that white to cover that dark dark blue! Very spiffy!