Friday, September 04, 2009

August is gone, September is here

Well, here are some pics from move-in day until now. There are only pics of the downstairs...because I have not unpacked the upstairs yet :) Maybe someday.

Closing was last Friday. It could not have gone more smoothly. (Contrary to Traci's warnings that it would take hours and hours...and to come prepared and pack food...ha) Walk through was uneventful, and closing took less than an hour. And we got our EB Tees from Dave at closing too - a major plus :)

Saturday went great as well. Even though we had a little glitch with the moving truck not being available on time, we were still all moved in by 2 or 3 pm. We had the best moving crew :)

Before I get to pictures, I have some Thank You's to say. And this is not just a list. We really could not have pulled this off without all the help that you, our family and friends, gave us. We thank God for each one of you - we are blessed to know you.

Joe & Wendy, Reenie, Rick and Traci, Jason - you all gave us your boxes and even saved those that came your way just for us! We didn't have to buy a single box! Thank you all for looking out for us. Reenie, those staple boxes were the best ;)

Mom, Rosie, Michelle and Alex - you all blitzed through our apartment last Thursday and helped us pack EVERYTHING! We had that knocked out in about 3 hours I think :) Thanks for giving up your Thursday night to help us.

Meg and Margie - thanks for going to Lowes with me and picking out paint for my hutch and server. I would have gotten lost in all those whites if you hadn't been there to set me straight ;) And thanks for lending your sore muscles to sanding the furniture all night. You made a scary project fun!

Meg, Traci, Meagan, Shannon, Cyndi, and Mom - thanks for setting up my kitchen for me on Friday night! Because of that, we were all set when move in day came and we needed easy access to the kitchen (aka food for all those hungry men!!).

Thanks to everyone who helped us move furniture (or lent us vehicles to move furniture), whether on the moving day or before then - Nick, Tom & Cyndi, Mike & Pam, Joe & Heidi, Mat & Steph, Mich & Alex, Rick & T, Mr. Healey, Christian, Boyd and Zane, Mom & Dad and Rosie, Matt & Meg. THANK YOU!! We could not have done this without you!! When I met my neighbor on moving day she said to me, "You have the worst job of all - moving." And I thought, "no! I have the BEST job of all because of my friends and family who so joyfully give of their time to help us!" We're grateful for each one of you!

Traci, Dawn and Christy - thank you for the meals you made for us this week while we were still getting situated. It was such a huge blessing.

And a side note to all you engineers who assembled our dining room chairs - THANK YOU. No really. Thank you. :)

And I certainly hope I did not leave anyone out. If I did, I apologize, and please let me know!!! It certainly is not intentional, and we truly are SO grateful!

Ok, so now on to some pictures. They're not that exciting. Sorry. The exciting pictures will come when I start painting furniture. Trust me - you're not gonna want to miss that.


Meg and Lucy




Mike assembling the dining room table all by himself late Friday night!!



The table almost finished....




Lots and lots of boxes....




The table now :) I love it.




My candy corn candle to get in the Fall Spirit!!




This bookshelf was arranged by the lovely Heidi and Michelle. They were pros.




No more boxes.....




a disgruntled Michael because he did not want his picture taken. what did he think I was going to do when he bought me this camera?????

So that's what we've been up to this past week or so. We're excited to see what memories will be had in this house! So come over soon for dinner!!! :) Thanks to all of you for sharing this journey with us.

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to Your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and faithfulness." ~ Psalm 115:1

2 comments:

Steve & Katie LaBs said...

Wow you guys unpacked quick! We are still painting and moving stuff in. Once we get to the "no more boxes" part we'll have to stroll on over ;)
-K

veryholyone1 said...

My favorite part was when Andrea and I unpacked and put away Mike and Sarah's room. Just like when they were still living in our homes, we neatly folded their things and put them away in their dressers and closets...Sarah's lovingly done by Andrea, and Mike's by me. :-)