Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Aunt Rae's Meatballs


It's one of my favorite recipes ever, and it's one of those that I know by heart. I hope I never forget it, because i don't know that it's written down anywhere at the moment.....
Also, it's straight off the boat from Italy passed down from my mom's Aunt Rae - a true Italian at heart :)
And this is the meal that kicked off Autumn Project. We had Michelle and Alex over to celebrate. And now my house is a wreck. Oh well. It was worth it :)



There are a gazillion eggs in this recipe. Don't be freaked out. It's what makes them oh so yummy.



In the frying pan.



The table pre-destruction (what we call "eating")



Basil Garlic Bread





Alex tried to look normal in this picture.....I think it was successful...no??




This is what the table looks like after we have doused it in spaghetti sauce. Fun times.
Side note - the lazy susan in the middle of the table proved to be a lot of fun. I am glad we went with it :)

So that was meal #1! Next up: Autumn Sausage casserole - bound to be a favorite if simply for the fact that it is cooked in my crock pot. Can't beat that.

5 comments:

Reenie said...

wait wait I thought you were going to share the recipe

ange said...

are these deathballs??? i'm confused...since when were they aunt rae's??? who is aunt rae??? i thought this was ba's recipe....

Sarah Smith said...

reenie...yes...soon...perhaps. i did not have time to write it out :)
ange - yes these are deathballs. but since that's not a very appealing nickname, i went with their original name ;) and they are not from Ba - though they are from the Lucia side of the family - Aunt Rae was my Pop Frank's sister.

Andrea S. said...

They looked delcious! And yes, they are written down somewhere...in my recipe box:) If you ever want the original sauce recipe, just let me know.

Sarah Smith said...

yes, mom!!!! send me the recipe :)