Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Boilermaker Tailgate Chili

This is a good chili recipe. I mean, for me, I feel like chili has to have serious substance....not just meat and chili powder :) This certainly has it all!!! The link and recipe can be found here. Check it out. It's a great make ahead meal too, and it is oh so perfect for a chilly autumn night. Serve it with Fritos Scoops and you're good to go!!
Also, for dessert, I made Brown Sugar Apple Cake. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart Living a few years back, and it is one of our favorites!!!! I had to make it by memory this time, because I left my copy at Meg's house and I can't find it anywhere online!!! It tasted ok. But I don't remember enough to post the recipe here. Soon!!!

Here is the chili cooking on SUNDAY night! That's right. NOT Monday :) Much less stress.


Add sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Fritos. Yum.



Margie dear.



The Apple Cake.




The kids eating apple cake. They probably would not appreciate this picture, but then again, maybe they wouldn't care at all. They're kids. It's the mature adults who are outraged by unflattering pictures of themselves ;) They were simply having a good time digging into the cake!


We had a great time.
Not much else exciting going on. Other than the fact that I am dressed like a cross between an eggplant and a carrot today. That's right. Eggplant purple shirt with burnt orange corduroys. Despite the vegetable resemblance, I am still holding out hope that it looks ok.
Prepping for New York on Friday. Mike is on Priceline as we speak looking for rooms in Philly (we are heading there after NYC). It'll be nice to get away this weekend. I feel like I need it!! So excited to celebrate our first year of marriage!!!! Can't believe it's been an entire year already.
Oh and yes. Last but not least: Phillies game tonight. Which means that either I will have an extremely ecstatic husband.....or a miserably moody (i mean DEVASTATED, of course) one... ;) You know I love you, Mike :)

2 comments:

Rick Healey said...

Sarah,

I'm dissapointed I haven't made your blog yet.

Rick

ps. I don't get you.

Sarah Smith said...

oh rick, don't worry.

that post is coming soon.

wave wave wave!!

Sarah

p.s. I don't get you either.