Monday, September 28, 2009

How to get a moccasin. Or two if you're lucky.

This weekend was a good one.
Why?
Here are some reasons. In random order.

- The weather is cooler. It finally feels like Fall.

- The Eagles won. I love DeSean Jackson. It’s ok – Michael loves him too. And every time he crosses (or should I say flips into?) the end zone without prematurely disposing of the football, I rejoice that he is not the idiot we all thought him to be.

- Mike told me I can get a garbage disposal installed in my sink. Currently there is not one, and it is causing many drain jams. Mike did the dishes on Saturday morning and realized what a headache it is ;)

- Mike took me on a wonderful date to Wayne. We went to Saxby’s (one of my favorite coffee shops – their spiced caramel hot apple cider is amazing), finished up our thank you notes, and did some reading. Here is Michael finishing his half of the thank-yous. We made our 1 year deadline!


And then we did some shopping. I convinced Mike that we should park in the Anthro parking lot because it was free as opposed to meters. I was solely interested in conserving quarters, of course. And just by pure coincidence I found some beautiful knobs for my hutch (once it is painted….which will be….when???). But, really, it was merely by coincidence…….


And after that we went to Chili’s and stuffed our faces. Their 2 for 20 deal is just too good to pass up. Too bad the calories included aren’t such a great deal. Oh well. We worked out that day.

- Meghan and Heidi and I went to DSW. And I found new moccasins :)

Plus I had a rewards coupon….which, technically it was Michael’s coupon….but we’re one now….so really it was just as though he was using it…which is the explanation I gave him. Don’t they just look so comfy and inviting???? I was so excited I had Matt check the weather.com to make sure it was going to be cold enough to wear them this week. Today failed me. But tomorrow is looking good.

- I cleaned my house. Trust me. This is cause for great rejoicing.

- We finally cleaned our apartment and turned in our keys. So I no longer have that hanging over my head :)

- And finally I did some Sunday prep for the week. Real Simple has helped me learn how to streamline my life (ha!) so that I’m not running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Simple things such as laundry, meal prep and just starting the week with a dish-less sink can produce amazing results! I cooked Monday’s meal because thankfully chili is something that tastes better the second day. I washed the fruit we’ll be eating this week so I don’t have to as we’re rushing out the door in the mornings. I packed my gym bag the night before so I can just grab it and go. I got laundry going so it won’t pile up as much during the week. It took a couple of hours of my time, but I anticipate it saving me both time AND stress throughout the week. Thank you Real Simple (and Mom, since I know you’ll read this and be flabbergasted that a magazine gets all the credit for things you’ve been telling me for years, I also extend my thanks to you :)

It was a full but not terribly exhausting weekend, which is just the way I like it. Coming up this week: dinner with Margie, Darren and Lauren, starting GROW at the church, Phillies game, and then NYC on Friday for our anniversary :) Oh, and it’s Fall, if I haven’t already mentioned that :)

3 comments:

Meagan said...

That sounds like basically the best weekend ever.

I really like that picture of Mike writing thank-yous. My brother is such a cutie :D

Jealous of the moccasins. I need to go fall shopping meself soon. :)

ange said...

i heart wayne, such a cozy town. though i've only been to the gryphon, where is the place you went???

Margie said...

that Anthro store is the first one i visited...and where i fell in love with it :)
i'm glad to be on your agenda this week! thanks, friend!